About Me

Sweet, I'm Back and ready to rip.

Phil

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Ouch...

..first race down. That's at least one positive out of the race. Today was cold, -11c, s the snow was slow with a challenging course made for a long painful 15k. I was pleased with my pacing and my race but after seeing the results, I need to re-evaluate what a good race feels like. I was around 4 minutes off the leader and barely in the top 30. Not quite were I wanted to be after today, but I need to remind myself that it was the first race and that I don't need to be fast now, I need to be fast later, and that gives me more races to bring up my speed and fix all the little things that got sloppy in today's race. A big challenge will be not letting this poor result influence my out look on my past training this summer and fall and have doubt about my upcoming races.

Tomorrow we have the first set of Teckcominco sprints. Sprinting hasn't been my strong point, but I'm excited tomorrow to get past the qualifier and mix it up a bit in the heats. With practices I have been a little too edgy off the mark and routinely false start, so that will be a challenge if I make it through.

Some other notable results, teammate Chris Butler placed 3rd this morning with a great skate race, everyone was extremely excited for him and proud of his accomplishment.

See you tomorrow

0 comments: