About Me

Sweet, I'm Back and ready to rip.

Phil

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Sprint Domination


I QUALIFIED!!!!

Sprinting is not my strong point and making it past the top 30 into the heats was a job well done. It lifted my spirits a bit from a dismal showing yesterday. Since qualifing last in the 30th position, it meant I was up against 5 others guys faster than myself along with the top qualifier.

It was a fun race, happens so fast you forget instantly how bad it hurt the previous 3 minutes. I had a poor start position and wasn't able to make much out of it, getting out of the first corner last. But I was pleased, making it into the qualifier was a good race for me.

We had a strong showing from our team with Kate qualifying 8th and finishing the day in 12th position, Chris posting a 23rd qualifying time and finishing a few spots better, Thomsen coming in at 27th position, Mike placing 7th in the jr men field, and Lenny being edged out for second place in the jr men field.

Tomorrow we head to Canmore to continue racing with a pursuit on Thursday, and races on Sat. and Sunday.

Phil

0 comments: