-45 this morning, means gym workout. Welcome to the 'Gun Shop', you wanna 'bi'-some, or 'tri' some
Sorry for not getting this up to date lately. I've been home for a bit to Toronto and Orangeville. Thanks to Blissco for adding some sponsors to my coat.
Back up to Thunder Bay last week for a bitter cold week, skiing mostly classic, just too slow for skate, no glide. Then I went down to Duluth Minnesota for a sprint race mid week, then carried on to Cable, Wisconsin for two distance races. Saturday's 10k skate went well for me. I placed 9th grabbing a bit of a cash bonus and seconds off of a bit bigger bonus for being top U23. Every second counts..that saying hit home this past week. Sunday's race was less than reputable. Testing skis in the morning, I was confident with my skis and our wax, apparently where we were testing was a bit different than 2-3k out on the course, unfortunately after starting with the lead group, I was quickly dropped with just not enough purchase out there on the snow for good climbing skis. I skied the most of the first lap of 7.5k double poling. Skis were running fast though :) Since there was no ski marking at the beginning of the race, I switched at the half way point for my warm-up skis, "these have to have better grip" I thought. Without a binder and warming up on them, they weren't much better. I learned that you can't switch skis, other than malfunction. I was disqualified from the race...opps. Not like I was winning, finishing a dismall 45th or something. But I had a lot of fun out there, kinda tough spending time and money to go have a casual race with my teammates, could have done that at home, but it was good experience, cripping at my teammates that glided past me, and skiing with Somppi, helped to pass the difficult, technical 15k. It helped me really understand my skis and the difference between great grip, usable grip, no grip, and skis that are too stiff. Everything is a learned experience, throw it on the pile, and move on.
This weekend we head to Ottawa for Eastern Championships, I've opted out of the sprint race, and focusing my attention on the 30k mass start classic. Hoepfully I can redeem myself.
Thanks for reading, take it easy, enjoy the ride.
0 comments:
Post a Comment