Again thank you to the Lappe staff for putting on a great race. I received a Lappe t-shirt as a prize. I feel part of the gang now.
Monday I was invited to Biathlon practice with Becky Purias. They set me up with a 22 and showed me the basic of shooting. First time shooting a gun so I wasn't expecting much accuracy. We set up prone (lying down) it's easier, a lot less movment and pracitce dry firing along with hitting some paper targets. I got to keep my target and was told I had some nice "groupings" by Thomsen, the wiley Biathlon vet. Standing was a lot more difficult, a lot more movement. Then we were set up infront of the targets, that was the best part, seeing the black circle turn white when you actually hit the target. To say modestly, "I'm an ACE shot" I destroyed Timo's shot.
I was shooting without skiing 2k at an all out effort, my chest wasn't heaving, and my arms weren't tired from the skiing, so it wasn't a fair estimate of my biathlon abilities but it was a lot of fun. Thanks a lot Becky for bringing me out and letting me try shooting.
For all those cross country skiers out there that trash talk Biathlon, "Try it before you fry it"



Timo...missing haha

Cheers
1 comments:
Hey Man,
Sounds like I am going to have to convert you back to a skier when I get home!
Post a Comment