About Me

Sweet, I'm Back and ready to rip.

Phil

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sibley...AWESOME

Some more pictures. Don't tell my Mom I was dangling my legs over 100m lookout. She thought I was squimish about heights...ha.


Phil, Timo, and Mike at the Lookout
What a ski! Sibley has yet to let me down. Thomsen, Mike, Timo and I got out to the park ready for a great ski. But it turned out to be incredible, we skied 4.5 hours on amazing trails, sun blazing warming from -5 to just above 0. I skied on a new pair of skis I have been working in. They have a fairly aggressive wet grind in the base, so I was hoping it was going to warm up to really try them out. They were rocket fast, they were skiing well in the morning when it was colder, but really pulled away from the other guys when it started warming.

Great ski boys, great ski.

The Sibley ski tour is next weekend, the boys and I will probably do the 20k skate, and the men will pound out the 50k skate. It would be an awesome race, but for us it's too close to nationals to try to get in adequate recovery, while still getting in a good two weeks of training. But I'm really looking forward to next weekend at Sibley.

1 comments:

Kate said...

Looking hot P Wood! Sounds like a blast out there.